An important aspect of any surgical procedure is the post operative rehab recovery process. It’s during this process that natural movement is re-enforced. Massage plays an important role as a supplement to standard rehabilitation procedures after surgery.
Benefits of improved Post Operative Massage Surgical Rehabilitation.
- Assists the body in pumping more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Accelerates surgical recovery process.
- Aids improving joint movement and flexibility.
1. It also helps to relax the muscle that can tighten after surgery as they tend to contract in order to “guard” the area that has been operated on. Massage can also help to reduce the swelling that can can occur after surgery as it stimulates the lymphatic system to drain more efficiently.
2. Massage also increases the blood circulation, ensuring that oxygen and nutrients can get to the affected area easily. The massage can also help to strengthen the immune system which is important in guarding against post-operative infections and helping the body to heal. Massage also helps with the formation of scar tissue. This is because it can soften the skin through reducing and softening the build-up of excess collagen fibres which lead to obvious and sometimes painful scars. Breaking down the excess collagen will result in smaller scars.
Massage can be very beneficial to enable a quick recovery.