There are a number of health problems that can either be reduced or eliminated through the use of massage.
Massage is a noninvasive method of dealing with various medical conditions, and can also be used to augment standard care.
And, regardless of the reason why you are getting a massage, you will find that it will help you to relax and ease the tension in your muscles.
- Almost every person will experience back pain at some time or another in their lifetime, and this is definitely an area where remedial massage can be of assistance. Clinical tests have proven that 8 to 10 weeks of either deep or relaxation massage can relieve most, if not all, of lower back pain. Those who relied on conventional treatments, including relaxants and pain killers, did not have as good a result.
- Migraine headaches are extremely painful, and can cause the sufferer to retreat to bed in a darkened room for days at a time. Fortunately, massage is a good way to overcome these debilitating headaches without having to rely upon medications that not only cause nausea, but that also seem to interfere with the ability to think. It is now thought that migraines are caused, at least in part, by the constriction of some small muscles located at the base of the neck. Loosening up these problem muscles can help to either eliminate or reduce migraine headaches.
- Cancer treatment can cause a significant number of problems itself, such as depression, nausea, stress, and pain. Massage is a good way to provide some relief to anyone who is undergoing this rigorous round of treatment. Relaxation will help to reduce stress and depression, and the release of endorphins (nature’s own pain killers) will provide a welcome respite from discomfort.
- Any woman who suffers from PMS (premenstrual syndrome) will find that massage offers relief from the unpleasant symptoms that occur prior to the monthly menstrual period. If you find yourself bloated, irritable or depressed, or suffering pain, a massage can help to alleviate these problems. Because massage not only helps to increase blood circulation, but also helps to keep the lymph glands drained, it can relieve abdominal bloating. Massage can also help to do away with the depression and anxiety that you may be feeling, and it will simply help you to relax better.
- Irritable bowel syndrome often responds will to therapeutic massage. While this is not a substitute for medical care, massage can help to relieve many of the symptoms of this condition more quickly than if you rely upon standard medical treatment alone. Make certain that your therapist is qualified to perform abdominal massages as a capable and skilled hand is needed to provide benefits.
- Sports injuries can almost always be helped by the use of massage therapy. Many of these injuries involve strains or sprains, and as massage will increase blood circulation, healing can be much faster as the injured areas receive more nourishment. If surgery has been needed to correct the injury, massage post-surgery can help to condition the muscles and speed recovery.
Massage is an extremely useful tool when dealing with a number of physical illnesses or injuries. It can be used in conjunction with the treatment that your doctor has prescribed without problem, and can help you to recover more quickly after surgery.